STAR Academy, LLC Participation Waiver and Release Form
Assumption of Risk, Waiver, and Release from Liability
The undersigned desires to use the facilities at STAR Academy, LLC located at 647 Main Street, North Myrtle Beach, SC 2958: This Assumption of Risk, Waiver, and Release of Liability covers all activities at STAR Academy, LLC. In consideration of being able to participate in various activities at STAR Academy, LLC’s facilities, the undersigned, on his or her own behalf, and on behalf of any executors, heirs, successors and assigns hereby acknowledge and agree as follows:
1. The undersigned knowingly and fully assumes all risks, known and unknown, associated with participation in activities at STAR Academy, LLC and waives all claims for damage to person or property arising from such participation. This release and waiver covers risks of death, serious injury and property loss whether arising from
(i) negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities being released and other participants, or (ii) Dangerous or defective equipment.
2. The undersigned certifies that he or she is physically fit and may participate in the activities available at STAR Academy, LLC and has not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical person;
3. The undersigned on his or her behalf and on behalf of any executors, heirs, successors and assigns hereby releases, discharges and holds harmless any authorized entity doing business as STAR Academy, LLC and its officers, agents, employees, representatives, and all affiliates, from any and all claims, damages or liability arising from death, disability, personal injury, property damage or, theft, or actions of any kind;
4. The undersigned agrees to comply with the rules and conditions of participation expressed or posted at STAR Academy, LLC. If the undersigned observes any significant hazard during such participation, the undersigned will promptly inform an employee of STAR Academy, LLC; and
5. The undersigned acknowledges that this release and waiver of liability form will be used and relied upon by the company and that it will govern the undersigned's actions and rights;
6. The undersigned agrees to pay for any and all damages to any property or equipment as a result of the undersigned or the undersigned’s family’s willful actions, neglect, or recklessness and agrees to be held liable for all such costs associated with such damages;
7.. The undersigned is solely responsible for any medical, health, or personal injury costs relating to my use of STAR Academy, LLC and its facilities and understands that undersigned is strongly encouraged to have a medical physical exam and purchase health insurance prior to the undersigned’s use of the facilities at STAR Academy, LLC;
8.. Arbitration- All parties to this agreement agree to mediate, in good faith, any dispute prior to initiating arbitration or litigation based on the laws of the state of South Carolina. The prevailing party in the event of arbitration or litigation shall be entitled to costs and reasonable attorney fees.